[Coco] VCC Update

James Ross jrosslist at outlook.com
Fri Apr 14 22:57:58 EDT 2017

Bill Pierce wrote:

> James, if you have problems with MPI etc disappearing on restart,
> just "Run as Administrator". The "ini" file is in the program folder
> and Win 7-10 doesn't like to write to things there.

Actually, believe it or not, it was because I had not figured out you could load dll’s from the drop-down menu, until not too long ago!

I knew about permissions issue early on.  I guess I never paid attention to the *.dll extension in the load file dialog and did not connect one thing w/ the other. And after loading a program pack the mpi would disappear and I would be puzzled – like how do I get that back.  I figured out the settings in the *.ini file early on, so I would just set it there, and just thought it was buggy! :)  Well this is one case where it’s not a bug it’s a feature actually applies!!

> A fix would be to have the ini file located in "users/home/App Data"
> where most newer programs store such things.

I’d be cool w/ leaving it as an *.ini file. I see Luis has already said he could do that. So I will go w/ flow on that one.

James