[Coco] VCC Update

James Ross jrosslist at outlook.com
Thu Apr 13 14:44:02 EDT 2017

William Carlin wrote:
> VCC Windows lacks two key features that I'm sure everyone would love.

> 1) The ability to paste text and have VCC process it just like you are
> typing on the keyboard.

Yes – definitely!

> 2) Change the maximize window behavior to more closely match that
> of XRoar.

Ditto – I agree!

> Currently if you have a wide screen display, like most of us do,
> when you maximize the VCC window or go full screen, the display is
> stretched horizontally.

Actually I *am* working on this.  I am quite close to having it work in Windowed mode (I think, that is .... I got distracted last night by looking at why on my development the drop/down insert menu item is not working on the MPI or Drives ... still don’t know why.)

However, Full screen mode (pressing F11), here VCC is actually changing the DirectX / DirectDraw to full screen "mode".  In Windowed mode you are copying (aka blitting) a secondary screen device in memory to the primary screen device and the sizes can be arbitrary, so we can (or I better say, should be able to) control the aspect ratio. (we will see soon)

In DirectX / DirectDraw full screen mode, you are not dealing w/ rectangular drawing surfaces, but instead are just flipping the secondary screen device (which is always 640x480) -- so unless DirectX / DirectDraw Version 7 (what VCC uses) has the ability to set a setting do the aspect ratio itself (which I thinking it doesn’t), the workaround will be to change the Full Screen mode to a maximized Windowed mode – where you get rid of the Window boarders, but are in effect still in Windowed mode.

> Optionally a 4x and 8x zoom would also be handy.

Yes. 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x etc ... menus & short-cut keys. are coming too as part of the Aspect Ration fix.

James