[Coco] VCC Update

James Ross jrosslist at outlook.com
Wed Apr 12 19:56:41 EDT 2017

Luis Fernández wrote:
> I would like to know if the improvements to the VCC are dealt
> with here or by the page
> https://github.com/VCCE/VCC/issues

Yes, it looks like you posted it to the right place. Issue #67, right?

As far as I know, there has been no one working on improving the current Windows only version of VCC.  At least for quite some time.

Just the other day (this Monday actually), I finally decided to take a whack at it. Let’s see how far I get. :) :)

My “fork” of is https://github.com/jross9/VCC  you can read my plans on the main page there.

Don’t know what will be the ultimate outcome yet – if Bill (the upstream) maintainer of VCCE/VCC agrees w/ what I am doing or not and if he wants to eventually incorporate what I will have done back into the “official” release(s) he/we can do that -- and I can send “Pull Requests” etc (I am still learning Git/GitHub) … otherwise I’ll probably create a new branch VCC-Classic.

I want to incorporate as many improvements as I can.  But as only being able to work on it in my free time (which is not that much) then progress might be slow.

I will keep my progress public by making commits often. If you don’t see any commits for more than a day or two, that probably means I haven’t worked on it during that time.

Your issue Issue #67 looks simple enough – I will add that on my to-do and update it to include when I might do an “informal” binary release.  I have few fixes I want in there on that first release.

James