[Coco] Replacement power switch for coco3?

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 6 17:18:24 EDT 2017

From: Coco [coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com] on behalf of Bruce W. Calkins [brucewcalkins at charter.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 6, 2017 4:42 PM
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [Coco] Replacement power switch for coco3?

FWIW: The power switch in the CoCo switches the secondary side of the
transformer.  This leaves the transformer electrically hot and drawing
some minuscule amount of power.  From my earliest CoCo in 1983 I set up
the CoCo and peripherals on a switched outlet or power strip.  I do
consider this solution as a very viable approach to CoCo power control.