[Coco] Back to BASIC

James Ross jrosslist at outlook.com
Thu Apr 6 13:18:48 EDT 2017

Steve Strowbridge wrote:
> BASIC on the CoCo was my entry into computer programming ... <snip> ...

Thanks for sharing Stevie – very interesting.

My experience was somewhat similar.  However, I never got as far as completing a game in BASIC. After typing in BASIC programs from books and magazines, for I don’t know how long, I experimented quite a bit w/ gaming constructs like animation, scrolling ... etc.  It was not long until I knew I could not create an arcade quality game in BASIC and set out to learn Assembly Language. Alas, I never completed one.  In the process of learning Assembly Language, for years, I got bogged down with creating tools to make it easier to program in Assembly (and to disassemble other programs) on the CoCo, none of which I completed. :( -- A story for a different time. Then I had a stint w/ OS-9 on the CoCo3.  And I continued the obsession w/ creating programming tools on that platform for a while. This was all before my PC days which started in 1992, around the time I quit using/playing w/ the CoCo.

> -End of Line
Master Control Program from Tron -- classic!!

James