[Coco] Back to BASIC

Alexander Wallace alexander.o.wallace at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 09:41:50 EDT 2017

Thanks for sharing your experience!

I never got to do anything serious (programming wise) beyond maybe managing my printer with the CoCo… I knew basic basic and pascal, but mostly used it go do my high school and college homework, and play games…

But I have no doubt the early experience with the CoCo shaped my career, even though I studied Industrial Engineering, I work as a software developer, it was just naturally, and I’m pretty good at it luckily. I owe a lot of it to the experience with the CoCo that prepped my brain for the type of thinking you need to do complex/abstract thinking in the line of work i do now.

Like I mentioned before though, other computers after, have never made me feel the same way the CoCo did so I had to pull it out and like you, I want to learn assembly now, and play with OS9 (or NitrOS), for fun and for the pleasure of learning, and of sharing something with this community.

Thanks again and please keep doing what you do, I look forward to the Assembly series!