[Coco] Color computer 2 educational version

Steve Strowbridge ogsteviestrow at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 12:04:38 EDT 2017

My High School still had Apple ][ computers, but my junior high switched
from apple to CoCo 2's and I went back to visit them.

I never hated the Apple computer back then, just the attitudes of their
owners, who thought their computer was better, and therefore so were they,
so my disdain with Apple elitism goes back to the original :)
I actually did some halfway decent programming on the Apple II in high
school, I figured out how to enable the multi-color low-res graphics mode,
and actually which characters I could "print" to that mode, and was able to
get halfway decent speed and animation on the thing using some clever hacks.

When tasked with creating some form of computer "art" on the Apple, I had a
full scene rendered with grass on the ground, a blue sky, mountain range, a
sun that rose and set, animated birds that "flapped" back and forth across
the screen, an animated waterfall, that was just cycling between an
alternating series of blue/light blue stripes, etc., but the time I got my
hands on an Apple I had like 3 years working on a CoCo, I could whip up
just about anything in BASIC :)

Steve Strowbridge, aka
The Original Gamer Stevie Strow
http://ogsteviestrow.com