[Coco] Walkthrough for Star Commander ?

Guillaume Major guillaume.major at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 15:48:01 EST 2016

> Have you had time to get any further in this game? I can get into the hall
> past the guard and have found several items. What I can't do is use any of
> those items nor get out to a shuttle.

Yes, I have completed the game to the end (as far as it was finished).

> What I find very irritating about this game is that you must be in
> specific locations for certain actions to take place.

I agree with you that the interaction with the inventory items could have
been improved and the messages more helpful, but it's not worse than the
majority of the adventure games available for the Coco.

> Have you noticed if you Look at the photo in your inventory you get the
> message, "You see a beautiful picture of Rebecca with HIS father."

This is my mistake! There is an issue with the code displaying the photo (on
the PC as well). It could crash the interpreter depending in which room you
invoke the command. There was no easy solution to fix this problem and since
the photo itself was not important for the story, I decided to replace it by
this message but I did a grammar error. I will correct the message to read
"with HER father" and update the archive.

To get you started, I wrote the walkthrough for the beginning of the game:

*** Star Commander I Walkthrough ***

GET AXE. Move over to the left hand side of the middle rock formation and
USE AXE. GET CRYSTAL (3 times). GET ROCK. Move to the next screen on the
right and TALK to the GIRL. She will give you the coordinates for planet
Telbin. OPEN ENVELOPE. READ LETTER. Move to the bottom of the screen and
to next screen on the right. Hide behind the big rock formation and THROW
ROCK AT ANTENNA. SEARCH GUARD. You will find a keycard. GET KEYCARD. Take
the elevator.

Aliens might appear randomly in the hallway when exiting a room. If it
happens, just restore your game and try again.

Walk left to the next room and enter the right door. Move to the shelf and
TAKE GAS MASK. Exit the storage room and enter the left door. Walk to the
storage box on the right and OPEN DRAWER. You will find a shuttle key.
TAKE KEY. CLOSE DRAWER. Exit the control room and move to the left.
Walk to the control panel at the right hand side of the door and INSERT
KEYCARD IN SLOT. The door will open. Exit through the door and enter the
shuttle.

PRESS BUTTON to close the right door. Walk down to enter the engine room.
Move at the back of the room and TAKE LIGHTER. Walk to the reactor door
and OPEN DOOR. GET CRYSTAL to remove the old crystal. INSERT CRYSTAL IN
REACTOR. CLOSE DOOR. Walk down to go back to the next room. Walk to the
control room door and PRESS BUTTON. Enter the control room.

Walk to the chair and SIT DOWN. INSERT KEY IN KEYHOLE. PRESS LAUNCH BUTTON.
Your shuttle will take off in space. PRESS NAVIGATIONAL BUTTON. Enter the
coordinates: X=32, Y=56, Z=23. PRESS HYPERWARP BUTTON. Wait until you
receive a message saying that Planet Telbin is reached. PRESS LAND BUTTON.
Your shuttle will land on Telbin.

I hope it helps.

Enjoy!

Guillaume