[Coco] A nostalgic Coco BBS message

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Thu Sep 10 17:16:06 EDT 2015

My introduction to CompuServe was probably a bit earlier than yours, since
I got an offer that included a few free usage hours anywhere on CI$.  But I
was indignant to learn a few weeks later that they billed in 2-3 different
categories, only one of which was considered "usage".  I called and
complained, and they credited me with half of what they scammed me out of.
Later there was a class action suit filed against them on this, though I
don't remember how it turned out.

Still, I spent many happy hours on the CI$ CoCo SIG, and learned a great
deal about the CoCo there, so I don't really begrudge them the extra $5-10
dollars that that little deception cost me.  (Plus, eventually they gave me
a free flag for time spent in the CoCo SIG, which helped a lot.)

Art