[Coco] CoCo3 MMU Register question...

Boisy G. Pitre coco at toughmac.com
Mon Mar 30 15:00:23 EDT 2015

Hi Ed,

Just off the top of my head, designing an MMU for the CoCo 2 is essentially turning into an OS-9 Level Two machine ala the CoCo 3. I’m not sure what utility there would be in that. Besides complicating hardware, it would certainly require a new port of NitrOS-9.

What I think would be much more useful for the CoCo 2 is a RAM disk type product. The J&R Banker for the CoCo 2 did this, as I recall, with 512K.

Having a battery backed-up static RAM board that would interface to the CoCo 2 motherboard would certainly be useful.