[Coco] tandy 512k board and the triad board & MPI test

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Sun Mar 29 19:42:43 EDT 2015

Gene,

Yes and no.

As of right now I have no pans to allow access to the extra 512k on the Triad. The only reason is by the time you are done, for a few dollars more, you have the SB.

One board, clean installation.

Also there will be no kit. Altera's Quartus II package is at 4.6GB and that is compressed. As I can fly around in it, it is not without an extreme amount of time to become familiar with the package. Most don't need all the bells and whistles, but I do.

SB has just two through hole ICs and one is the HD63x09EP. Being certified to rework our military designs, this is simple to work on if you have the correct tools. I have 30x vision scope I solder under, $1500 Metcal solder station setup with various removal tweezers and tips. Smallest soldering tip is .010". Not that the ole Radio Shack iron won't work, just takes a few more steps in the process to make a good board.

Regards,

Mark Marlette
http://www.cloud9tech.com
mark at cloud9tech.com