[Coco] Any developers with spare time?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Mar 28 04:40:19 EDT 2015

On Saturday 28 March 2015 01:00:28 RETRO Innovations wrote:
> On 3/27/2015 11:33 PM, Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:
> > Jim, what kind of software? Coco? If so, RSDOS or OS9?
>
> Like a utility, printing to the screen, reading the KB, that kind of
> thing, but at a low level.
> Coco3 (for the test, mainly because it's the most complex option)
> The test does not require DOS of any kind, no disk access.  So, lowest
> common denominator.
>
> Jim

I doubt that you could find a more optimized routine for that anyplace
but in the nitros9 repository.  The one time I looked at it, several
years ago, I was impressed by how quick it actually was.

Take a look at nitros9/level2/modules/keydrv_cc3.asm

Depending on what you want to do with it, some of the nitros9
housekeeping might be dispensed with.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)