[Coco] Error in Sourceforge NitrOS-9/level2/coco3_6309/scripts/mb.dw

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Mar 23 21:49:41 EDT 2015

Steven, the database is unusable at the moment as I'm still sorting through the various ways each module is related. Some modules are rather tricky in that some descriptors can be tied to several drivers and so forth... Mainly in RBF and SCF.

Once I decide on a method of flagging the relationships of the modules, it really won't take too long as most of the program is finished. The database(s) will be in the program distribution, but I can send you a copy of the db once I have it right.

As far as just a list of the modules without the relationships, I just used a "tree" listing of each type of boot in the distro disks (CC1, CC2, CC2b, CC3, CC3_6309, Drgn, & Tano) and built my lists from there.

Basically, there's 7 module "types"... Boot, Kernel, System, Rbf, Scf, Pipe, & Clock. Then there's 4 "subtypes"... Manager, Driver, Subroutine, & Descriptor.
The "subroutine" is the one that making the DB screwy as it works different ways for different catagories.. It's used as a "subroutine" in RBDW (DWIO) and VTIO (JOYDRV_JOY, KEYDRV_CC3, SNDDRV_CC3 etc) and then is used as a "part 2" of the driver in VTIO (COWIN, COGRF, COVDG, COVDG_SMALL) and RBSUPER (LLTC3, LLIDE, & LLSDC)

In the first type, the descriptors depend on the driver, the 2nd type, they depend on the subs. Then all other descriptor depend on a lone driver... So 3 types of relationship flags must be maintained as to who a descriptor belongs to.

I am working on a table now of all dependencies using ID numbers for quick searching/sorting of the parent/child relationships. There are 7 different tables representing the different machines. This is not even beginning to include things like; if DW drivers are selected, then bitbanger drivers must be marked as unavailable as both cannot be used in the same boot.  Things like this just complicate the flags and are what's holding back program developement.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com