[Coco] 4 Port MPI PCB artwork (so far)

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Sun Mar 8 22:24:10 EDT 2015

On 3/8/2015 7:37 PM, Tormod Volden wrote:
> The bolts are spaced 62mm centre-centre, and 3mm diameter (M3?) so it
> is 65mm between their outer edges. As can be seen on the side view
> photo, they are just much longer than they have to be.
I see that, but as long as they are back far enough, it's of no concern.
> Against what do the grounding tabs make contact? From the CoCo3
> picture link I had, only seen from the top, the connector looks pretty
> much like on the Dragon. Is there a close-up or side view photo of the
> CoCo connector somewhere?
This shows a top shot.  See the metal brackets on the end?
http://s6.postimg.org/638i3rqpt/IMG_7614.jpg

Here is a head on shot:
http://s6.postimg.org/u4asrhg5d/IMG_7615.jpg
It's head to see, but the little metal clips are in two pieces, and will
"grab a FR4 1.6mm board.  However, there is a plastic spacer right
behind them, so the board cannot go far into the slot

Here is a mockup of the PCB inserted:
http://s6.postimg.org/e7gm8id4x/IMG_7616.jpg

You cnanot see here, but the grounding ear actually hits the plastic
spacer .005" before the PCB fingers hit the bottom of the edge
connector.  Thus, I trimmed it off by that much.  So, for specifics, the
grounding tab has to be .130" *less* in depth than the PCB fingers.

So, I need to know if the same holds true on the Dragon

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com