[Coco] 4 Port MPI PCB artwork (so far)

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 20:37:38 EDT 2015

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 6:46 PM, RETRO Innovations wrote:
> On 3/8/2015 5:19 AM, Tormod Volden wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 8:22 AM, RETRO Innovations wrote:
>>>
>>>   * Seriously thinking about remove the angled ears.  Anyone care?
>>>
>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> Just hoping it will fit without issues into the Dragon as well.
>
> Looking at the pic you sent, it'd be nice to understand how much room the
> bolt takes up.  As it stands right now, it looks like carts with the plated
> "ground ears" would not fit, like Kip's EPROM or the FDC controller.  The
> angled tabs look OK, but the grounding pads look to interfere with the
> bolts.

The bolts are spaced 62mm centre-centre, and 3mm diameter (M3?) so it
is 65mm between their outer edges. As can be seen on the side view
photo, they are just much longer than they have to be.

>> believe all CoCo cartridges fit into the Dragon, but I haven't seen
>> any cartridges with such ears. What cartridge is your board modelled
>> after? Dragon cartridges usually have only the finger connector part
>> protruding, some examples:
>> http://archive.worldofdragon.org/index.php?title=Dragon_DOS
>
> Gene sent me a pic of a cart with ears and grounding tabs.  Not sure what it
> was.  gene?

Against what do the grounding tabs make contact? From the CoCo3
picture link I had, only seen from the top, the connector looks pretty
much like on the Dragon. Is there a close-up or side view photo of the
CoCo connector somewhere?

Tormod