[Coco] Microbes - audio distortion from joystick movement?

Richard Goedeken Richard at fascinationsoftware.com
Sat Mar 7 23:49:08 EST 2015

There are some unfortunate limitations of the analog interface circuits on the
coco.  If you are playing music in a game (through the standard 6-bit DAC
output), it is impossible to read a joystick axis value without disturbing the
audio signal.  There are things you can do to minimize the disturbance but not
eliminate it.  Arkanoid also has a buzzing sound in the audio output, due to
this effect.

Richard