[Coco] Fixing my "F" board TDP-100...

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Sat Mar 7 14:43:56 EST 2015

Took another swing at it this morning:

1. One of the connections from the MDP UVD was soldered to one end of C22.
The clip and wire had obviously broken off the board. Whoever did it, put a
lot of solder on the leg. In trying to desolder it, the capacitor
disintegrated. I need to know what value to put there. The only schematics I
have are for earlier boards, and the part numbers are different.

Does anyone know what value this capacitor should be? C22 is connected to
the 5v line. Is there an "F" board schematic or parts list out there?

2. The HJL Keyboard was made by Oak Switch Systems. I'm now looking to see
if I can find a replacement key plunger for it, as it is impossible to
desolder and resolder a keystation. The key stations are plastic welded to
the metal bottom. But, they keytop comes apart, and the plunger can be
replaced.

It's the same kind of keyboard as used in the Osbourne Computer:
http://deskthority.net/photos-f62/osborne-1-oak-switch-systems-full-travel-membrane-keyboard-t7855.html

I have to try to find a plunger and replacement "9" keycap.

-[ Al ]-