[Coco] 5 Quick Questions...

Wed Jun 3 14:21:53 EDT 2015

Hi,

Unless your Rainbow on Tape are from 1982 or September 1990 or later we already have them in the collection.

For the Rainbow on Disk please check the bingo card:

http://cococoding.com/sfischer/ROTROD_Webpage/

or http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Documents/Magazines/Rainbow%20on%20Disk/

>  just record BOTH SIDES as a WAV File

Yes that is the way to do it, but errors from old tapes will only be detected later.

There are ways to convert the cassette wav files to digital formats and then perhaps to .dsk.

When your CoCo is working then the Tape to Disk utilities can be used.

> What I want to know is, is there some way to insert these disks into a PC

YES but as you get to later than Windows 98 SE it gets harder. W7 64 Bit likely will not work. I have two XP / W2K systems that would still work but as the floppies are so old they may not be readable.

> 4. I have a LOT of OLD BACK ISSUES of both HOT COCO's and RAINBOW magazines

All of the Rainbows have been done, three times but one set was destroyed.

Check https://sites.google.com/a/aaronwolfe.com/cococoding/home and

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Documents/Magazines/Hot%20CoCo%20(Clearscan)

as most of them have been done.

> 5. Last question.WHERE is the best place to post these items

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/ and and also check Aarons site for the ones that have been done.

Boy did I perhaps save you lots of time.

SHF