[Coco] 5 Quick Questions...

Joe Schutts j_schutts at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 3 13:24:13 EDT 2015

Hieveryone, Ihave 5 quick questions. 1.  I have about 8-10RAINBOW ON TAPE issues and was wondering HOW to go about transferring them over(and where to post them to as well) so that other users might use them. Right nowI do NOT have my CoCo set up (my OLD Sony RBG Monitor is toast and am in theprocess of getting a NEW VGA converter from Roy Justas) for transferring them BUT Ido have an OLD CCR-82 Cassette Player/Recorder that works perfectly. Till I buy(and get) my new converter from Roy I can’t use the CoCo for anything. So, could I justhook up the OUTPUT on the cassette player to the MIC INPUT on my PC and justrecord BOTH SIDES as a WAV File (on my PC) OR do I have to convert it to an MP3File? 2.  This one’s kindof an ODD question. I have a VAST Midi collection. How vast? How about 108,678Midi Files. These Midi files include everything from Gospel to Classical toJazz and Blue Grass and more. My question is, is ANYONE interested in them?Right now I am in the process of going through them and trying to deleteduplicate copies to make the list shorter. I recently posted a listing tosomeone and it was WELL OVER 200 pages long. Again, anyone interested? 3.  I also have about10-20 RAINBOW ON DISK Issues (I believe they’re OS-9 Disks, but I’m NOT SUREabout this). I would like to POST these as well, but I have to go out to thegarage and look and see exactly how many I do have. What I want to know is, isthere some way to insert these disks into a PC (Windows 7 64bit) and read themso that I can POST them as well. If so how do I go about doing this and isthere some type of Special Software I need in order to do this??? 4.  I have a LOT ofOLD BACK ISSUES of both HOT COCO's and RAINBOW magazines plus I have a scanner thatI can scan them unto. Is anyone interested in getting copies of them AND isthere a PARTICULAR format that would be preferred WHEN AND IF I Scan them (PDFvs BMP or whatever)? Again, is anyone interested? 5.  Last question.WHERE is the best place to post these items in case anyone is interested inthem? The reason I’m asking is that a lot of the OLD CoCo Sites are no longerworking. Ialso have a couple of Service Manuals as well as Owners Manuals for variousCoCo Hardware that I hope to get a list together shortly as well. Anyway,thanks for letting me post this and take care everyone. JoeSchutts P.S.if anyone is interested in anything here you can E-Mail me here: j_schutts at yahoo.com Justbe sure to put “CoCo Stuff” in the SUBJECTS LINE so I know it’s NOT SPAM… Takecare…