[Coco] VCC Status …

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Jul 18 00:24:45 EDT 2015

James, First, Stephen Fisher has NO idea what he is talking about. He is nothing but trouble to this list (and others). He is a "conspirousy theorist" and thinks EVERYONE is out to get him. Most on this list have put him on the "spam/ignore list" long ago. As far as I know, he has NEVER talked to the author... I have, as have others. I actually had several conversations with the author back when he was developing Vcc. Stephen is probably referring to those who actually "have" a copy of the sources as "owners", and they ARE NOT owners.

The sources were released to 3 or 4 people to "play with" until Joseph (yes, he IS the author AND owner of the copyright), and that is how the "binary only" release of Vcc 1.43b came about as two of those people added the DW4/Becker port support. Joseph asked for the sources to NOT be released until he fixed a few things and it was at that time, he quit answering emails and disappeared.

>From what Joseph told me, he wanted to fix the "tounge in cheek" copyrights (they are rather funny and even more so in the sources) and remove the Tandy roms (for copyright reasons) from the sources before they were released (understandably). It never happened. Also, I think he wanted to comment the sources a bit to make it easier for others to work with. There are very few comments at all as it is.

Since Joseph owns the copyright, it is his software and all rights pass to his family if something has happens to him, so until something is found out, the sources will most likely stay in limbo.

I have searched endlessly to find where he was from, searched obituaries and news articles. It seems "Joseph Forgione" was a popular (and common) Italian name. If he (or his family) could be contacted, and the sources released, it would be easy to do the things he wanted done before releasing it.

If it ever is released, it should be put into a repository such as the NitrOS9 repository with limited "editing" access to keep 10,000 "non-working" versions from floating around. A team should be assembled to convert it to a cross platform format and bugs fixed (yes, there are quite a few bugs).

And by the way, DW4 is almost effortless when you get it going and Vcc 1.43b is amazing when combined with Vcc. There's so much more you can do that used to take tons of hardware to do in the past.

If you have any questions on Vcc 1.43b or DW4, just send me a private email and I'll help all I can :-)

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com