[Coco] CocoSDC + floppy drives

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 01:14:08 EST 2015

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 8:05 PM, Bob Devries wrote:

> Hi all, especially CocoSDC users,
>
> I have reset up my Coco3 after my house move.
> I now have:
> Coco3 with 1MB
> Multipak I/F (moded) 26-3124?
> CocoSDC in slot 3
> Disto SCII in slot 4
> MPI switch set to 3
>
> Boots just fine, but I can't access the *real* floppies.
> Should I be replacing the rb1773 and D0, D1 with modules from the NitrOS9
> repo?

A new SDC Driver and Boot Module were uploaded to the NitrOS-9 repository a
couple of weeks ago. The nightly build disk images have not yet been
updated to include these changes.

The Init routine in the new driver now scans the MPI slots looking for a
*real* floppy controller. If it finds one then it makes that the active
slot so that /d0,  /d1, etc will access real floppy drives.

The slot containing the CoCo SDC is now activated only during I/O calls for
/sd0 or /sd1.

- Darren