[Coco] Is there a string library for basic09?

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Tue Feb 3 06:47:52 EST 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark McDougall" <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2015 3:08 AM
Subject: Re: [Coco] Is there a string library for basic09?

> On 3/02/2015 2:19 PM, K. Pruitt wrote:
>
>> As for print using, that is what I am trying to work around.   I'm trying
>> solve Allen's file size problem of getting that correct value in to a
>> variable that can be used in ways other than just by printing out the
>> result.
>
> Using strings? Seriously?

Yes, a hex$ command would solve the problem.  And yes, seriously.

> I would think that if you're hell-bent on writing something to 'fix' the
> issue then your time would be better spent writing a library routine to
> concatenate and convert two 16-bit quantities into a real!?!?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> |              Mark McDougall                | "Electrical Engineers do it
> |  <http://members.iinet.net.au/~msmcdoug>   |   with less resistance!"

I'm not particularly hell-bent on anything except staying mobile for another
day.

As for how I spend my time, I'm sure doing anything rather than screwing
around with a 30 year old toy would be a better use of my time.  But I am
sitting here with no feeling in my left hand,  in fact my brain doesn't
always even see a hand there any longer, and the medicine I am on for that
is causing extreme spacticity in the intercostal muscles of my ribs making
me feel like someone just beat the snot out of me with a baseball bat.
Consequently I can't sleep, yet I still have to go to work to pay for the
medicine that is making me feel this way so that hopefully my brain will
remember that there is a left side of my body and not just a right side.  So
excuse me if I throw out the occasional boner of a suggestion, and do so
with enthusiasm.  I always mean well.  But if my attitude is not welcome
here I will certainly move on without fuss.

And yes, converting these two integer values in to a real is the goal.