[Coco] OT: Recovery Disc set for Dell Inspiron 15 3520...

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Mon Aug 31 18:24:10 EDT 2015

No, Dell sends nothing with the computers. There is a recovery partition. On
that partition are compressed images of your Recovery Discs (.WIM files).
You are supposed to run the Dell Backup and Recovery Software and make a
Recovery USB key or DVD Discs yourself. I forgot to do that for this one
laptop. I managed to save the files with the images of the disks, but they
are not ISO files. They are in some Microsoft format I cannot find out how
to convert these two files from into DVDs.

So, I am SOL unless I find someone with the same model laptop running  the
same version of Windows who can burn me a set of recovery Discs.

-[ Al ]-