[Coco] VCC and HDBDOS

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Aug 31 09:14:15 EDT 2015

Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:

>   Barry, HDBDOS does not use emudsk at all. There is no support in hdbdos for emudsk. Hdbdos only supports real HDs, DriveWire, and the Becker Port.
> What you are looking for is Robert Gault's "RGBDOS" which supports the emudsk drives in Mess and Vcc. I think he has a version on his website (not sure), and if not, I'm pretty sure it's in the Color Computer Archives.
> Robert?
>

> Bill Pierce

Emudsk is an OS-9 module created by Alan DeKok for OS-9/NitrOS-9 on emulated
systems providing access to emulated hard drives. You can find the source code
in the NitrOS-9 project under 3rdparty/drivers/emudsk.

Regarding Disc Basic, HDBDOS is derived from RGBDOS for real hard drive systems.
Cloud-9 bought the rights to the software. Long before that, I had customized my
KenTon RGBDOS hard drive system and created a version of RGBDOS for emulators.
That version probably helped Cloud-9 create their HDBDOS.
There are some versions of RGBDOS in the Archive and on my web site.
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/ROMs/

http://aaronwolfe.com/robert.gault/Coco/CoCo_main.htm
  then
http://aaronwolfe.com/robert.gault/Coco/Downloads/Downloads.htm

RGBDOS was also part of VCC, with my permission, but Joseph has now removed it
and a ROM image is required.

RGBDOS also works with the JVC Coco3 emulator.

Robert