[Coco] CM-8 monitor

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Tue Aug 4 15:33:02 EDT 2015

Agreed.  I have fixed a number of monitors over the years and, as Art
says, many times it's a bad capacitor.  The environment inside an
enclosure with a hot CRT is not good for capacitors.  And, generally but
not always, you can tell when the cap is swollen or looks like it has a
leak.

BTW, larger capacitors like electrolytics or tantalums have a polarity
marked on the outside.  Just make sure you match them up correctly.
Electrolytics have a nasty way of popping like firecrackers if they get
hooked up backwards.

Dave