[Coco] My latest success

George Ramsower georgera at gvtc.com
Tue Aug 4 00:54:18 EDT 2015

  I intend to get all my X10 working from my Coco again. I have two
timers from WAY back then but, one of them did not work correctly. The
eight buttons did not work. I have struggled with this issue for too
long. They use little snapping switches under the buttons and it just
refused to work anymore.
  So I took it apart, removed the snappers and thoroughly buffed and
cleaned the ckt board, re-tinned those contact pads with silver solder
and then solder wicked them to remove the excess solder. Cleaned it all
up with acetone again, put it back together, with new tape and now..
it's perfect again!!
  Hurray! So now I have two controller/timers!
  Next will be a cable to connect them to my CC3 so I can
control/program them.
  I finally found the connectors. I need to complete the
wiring/soldering to get the CC3 connected to a timer/controller. Then, I
can program one of them to do the "Bill Gates House" thing. The other
timer/controller will be used to manually turn up to four devices on and
off, however, it can control up to 256 devices(if programmed to do so).
Each one can be turned on and off (up and down if it's a lamp controller).
  It's fun to do this as it was thirty years ago.

George R.