[Coco] A new Composite Video board for the MC-10

Didier Derny didier at aida.org
Mon Aug 3 12:06:18 EDT 2015

In fact, the Alice 4k has an interface with a handful  of transistors
(around 12)
to transform the output of the 6847 into  a 625 lignes rgb signal (no
composite at all)
if you check the schematics you will find:
- a custom chip to stop the 6847 clock to produce blank lines (for the
missing lines)
- a A + B + CHB + Y conversion to RGB

roughly the Alice 4K is a MCS  without rf modulator but in place this
6847 to scart (rgb) interface)
the other Alice uses a different chip from Thomson EFCIS

http://alice.system-cfg.com/alice.php

http://alice.system-cfg.com/files/A4K_schema.png

I'm trying to reproduce this interface without the 525->625 lines conversion
(my converter accept 525 lines)

my mc10 is a qwerty NTSC mc10