[Coco] Open Letter to those who will be attending the The 24thAnnual "Last Chicago CoCoFEST April 25-26, 2015

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 16:07:46 EDT 2015

On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 9:11 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> > The repo's value has I believe been raised if Tormod had applied my
>> > proposed commits.
>>
>> What do you mean by that?
>>
>> Tormod
>
> ISTR sending a commit that changed the default SAS value from $08 to $10
> at least a year ago.  I assume it was applied.  But let me check my most
> recent update pull and build.
>
> Humm, no, everything is still set at $08 at build time. That would have
> been a short time (minutes) before install time, which was 2015/1/30
> 10:15 am, so that commit has never been applied.  Sigh.

Sigh. :) Something like this?
https://sourceforge.net/p/nitros9/code/ci/e881994bfe30017541c516107b244b57ccb6355f/

Applied something like 1 year and 3 months ago? And part of release v3.3.0.

I remember very well spending a lot of time on beating your "proposed
commits" (in form of file copies based on decade-old checkouts, with
all kind of non-related changes intertwined) into something that could
be applied. If I missed something, please let me know and send a
well-formed patch.

> But, I just found a bug in how "dmode -filename" accesses the file. If
> the file is not modified, neither should the date/time of the file be
> modified, but it was updated, I did a "dmode -dd_d035s.dd"
> and "dmode -dd_tc3.dd", and both files creation dates were updated to
> the instant I looked but made no changes.  This is in the coco's
> own /dd/nitros9/6309l2/rbf/modules directory that I would make new
> kernels from. HOWEVER, I keep a separate directory of descriptors that I
> use so I don't have to puts with making everything match _my_ system,
>
> So the ones in memory are mine, and IMO correct, with the values of $10
> for 720k floppies and $20 for /dd, which is half a 1Gb hard drive.
>
> Curious.  How do I investigate hg's history so I know when and where that
> commit was sent?  There was some confusion in my mind at one time as to
> which branch was "tip", the most recent work version.

Maybe there is still some confusion present. Maybe your update
scripts-of-doom are fooling you around. I am sure you are not using
the ones I posted for you, nor the simple "hg pull; hg update" from
the fine manual.

Please find my mercurial how-to's posted to this list in your Thunderbird.

Best regards,
Tormod