[Coco] Stable colours

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Tue Sep 30 13:48:50 EDT 2014

Luis,

BGA type components require xray to verify quality. Others will say it is not required but IMHO, it is the only way to verify placement and joint quality.

So that really rules out most home assembly lines.

A quick look the EPM570 fits on the LEs but the 16KRAM will be a problem in the Altera line as I know it. Depending how this is used, external SRAM could replace it along with the SDRAM.

5.4nS device EPM570 w3.3v core is ~$13.33 at Digikey in a 100 pin TQFP package, which is easily to solder at home with the proper tooling. Go to the 144pin TQFP price jumps to $18.10

Depending on pin counts, price will vary.

Mark Marlette
http://www.cloud9tech.com
mark at cloud9tech.com