[Coco] MAX-10

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Sep 22 04:55:20 EDT 2014

Now have tried version 2.1 of Max-10 and my 2 main griefs of this
program have almost disappeared.

1 - It does utilize 640x192 mode. The menus are drawn as if they are
320x192 but it is actually in a 640x192 mode. This can be seen in the
main text body and has always been like this in all versions. Stupid me!

2 - Version 2.1 does indeed offer an option to turn off the clicking
while typing. It's still clicks when pressing the mouse button but at
least not while one is concentrating on text composition.

The program actually runs quit fast and fluidly. Certainly WAY better
than Home Publisher... by a long shot!

The ability to do 2 columns and the addition of a spell checker round it
off as a great program for a 1.79Mhz 8 bit computer.

Certainly something to show off to all those GEOS using Commodore 64
followers. (GEOS is great for what it does on the 64).

It's good to see a program get frequent updates as the programmer
strives to improve it. Kudos to Dave Stampe!

Nick