[Coco] FPGA the future of coco?

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Mon Sep 8 21:32:47 EDT 2014

In a message dated 9/8/2014 8:14:49 P.M. Eastern  Daylight Time,
tim at franklinlabs.com writes:
lol, You beet me to  it!!

On September 8, 2014 at 8:00 PM Mark McDougall  <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au>
wrote:
> On 9/09/2014 6:41 AM,  camillus.b.58 at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Now I’m not a genius with  electronics and have no experience with
FPGA
> > then what I red in  books, I do wonder what the possibility is to make a
> > FPGA that  combine all the things we need. I was thinking if it would be
> >  possible, affordable and doable, to have a FPGA programmed to emulate
the
> > following items:
>
> Ah, is it that time of year  again already??? ;)
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> | Mark  McDougall | "Electrical Engineers do it
> |  <http://members.iinet.net.au/~msmcdoug> | with less  resistance!"

Ah, come on guys have a little faith.    I think a hardware  coco3 with
optional
"enhanced" capabilities in a FPGA would be wonderful.   Just make  it so
that
you can enable or disable the extra features in any combination you  desire.

That way you can say dial up the speed if you have a performance  hungry
application or choose NTSC video over SVGA if you want  compatibility.

It would be a flexible piece of hardware that would fit in a real coco1 2
or 3
case and conform to meet the unique needs of each user.

Imagine how interesting the cocofests would become with everybody
able to put their own "spin" on the coco form factor.

Roy