[Coco] Announcement re Ved, VPrint

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Nov 14 15:45:31 EST 2014

On Friday 14 November 2014 14:05:57 Kandur did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Are you suggesting that Bob could/should withdraw
> his softwares now in PD from PD and release them as FW?
>
> Kandur
I would remind you all that whats done is done. I do not believe he can
now declare it otherwise.  He did not consult with me on that. I would
probably have suggested gplv2 or later.  But its done and thats it.

> Friday, November 14, 2014, 9:19:16 AM, you wrote:
> > How about getting back with Bob and clarify it to be FREEWARE". I
> > believe that would be the intended form of distribution and he can
> > still hold commercial rights.
> >

> > On Nov 13, 2014, at 3:13 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> >
> > Greetings all;
> >
> > I got this reply from Bob just now.  He has blessed us with this
> > quote:
> >
> > "I have no way to make any retail copies of the programs and don't
> > even know if I still have readable source code. And, it's been a
> > very long time since I made a nickle from any of this ... so ...
> > here's the announcement you can pass along to the CoCo group:
> >
> > *  Effective immediately (Nov 13, 2014) all of my OS9 and Color
> > Computer programs are released into the public domain. Feel free to
> > trade and copy. Just don't make any money from my labors!*"
> >
> > So I'd say you can pass it along and put it in our archives as long
> > as everything but the bandwidth is free.  You pay for that when you
> > pay your monthly ISP bill.
> >
> > One way to show your appreciation might be to purchase one of his
> > music cd's at his mellowood.ca site.  He can make some very nice
> > music with a licorice stick (clarinet).  I have a copy of his
> > "Cedars" cd, and its nice easy listening.
> >
> > <http://mellowood.ca/music/cedars/index.html>  Or you can start at
> > the home page, his lady, Val, is an artist and does some nice things
> > too.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)