[Coco] My next project: WIP

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 11:25:27 EDT 2014

On Sun, 24 Aug 2014, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:

> Well i think with the de0 i have reached a dead end here. The SDRAM is
> too damn slow, I have one input writing at 12Mhz(ntsc pixel clock) and
> and one output reading at 25Mhz (vga pixel clock).

> I would need an external SRAM dual port at 7ns to allow this!

> May i should work harder trying to re-use coco sync lines and generating
> an extra hsync between two h-syncs.

> Or I could move toward a S-VIDEO converter as the sync would remain the
> same...

Well, it's your project so I won't do any more than make a suggestion:
Monitors and TVs with S-Video in are getting hard to find.  Out of the (3)
I have, only one even comes close to working properly with a Coco3 (via
one of those little converters).  It will be quite some time before the
supply of LCD monitors that accept standard VGA dwindles and I think
that's really the sweet-spot.

Steve