[Coco] 6809 compilers

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Fri Aug 8 13:44:34 EDT 2014

I didn't realize you used Dunfield's compiler for the minesweep game --
very cool!

I had been interested in building-out a generic/usable library for
using the Dunfield compiler to build CoCo stuff in C, but the pain
of having to run the Dunfield stuff in dosbox takes some of the
fun out of using it.  That and the ponderous and depressing silence
here made it clear that I was only working on it for myself anyway.
So without users or contributors the project was easily set aside
when something else came along...

FWIW, I have a different and (IMHO) better C compiler project in the
works now.  It was going to be this summer's retrochallenge project,
but I went back to Fahrfall instead.  I don't like to pre-announce
projects, so I won't say much more right now.  But, it is kinda
cool... :-)

Anyway, back to your regularly schedule CoCoing!

John