[Coco] 6809 compilers

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Aug 6 19:28:22 EDT 2014

Kandur wrote:
> In the very early 80s, I used the Micro Works SDS80C
> editor + assembler + monitor cartridge, to assemble 6809 binaries.
> I still have this cartridge: http://qdv.pw/coco/?p=213
> Surely in 2014 must be a better way to compile sources
> on a powerful windows machine. Any suggestions?
> Thanks.
>
> Kandur

Well if you want to compile under Windows, you should look at Roger's RainbowIDE
and CCASM.
http://www.coco3.com/community/downloads/programming-and-development/
You can still obtain the product (but it may be a demo and need to be
registered). I don't know if Roger still sells it.

If you are more of a diehard Coco enthusiast and want to compile on a Coco (real
or emulated) you could use the Micro Works package or my update EDTASM6309.
http://aaronwolfe.com/robert.gault/Coco/Sales/Flyer.htm
You can find testimonials on various web sites and occasionally in message on
this listserver. :)

Robert