[Coco] new problem with unpack

Greg Law glaw at live.com
Tue Oct 29 18:30:20 EDT 2013

These numbers don't quite look right to me because you're not taking into
account the 8K MMU block size and you're not accounting for
RunB+Inkey+SysCall+gfx2 being linked into the process space. Assuming
runb+inkey+syscall+gfx2 are merged into a single fileyou'll end up with
something more like this:

RunB = 12,185
gfx2 = 2250
inkey = 95
syscall = 99
Total = 14,629
Allocation = 16K

Assuming unpack has a 2,733 byte module size, this is one 8K block. So when
you run unpack, it loads unpack into one 8K block and loads and links
runb+inkey+syscall+gfx2 into two 8K blocks for a total allocation of 24K. If
it needs to load and link readCode with a 9,054 byte module size, this tacks
on another 16K block for a total of 40K.

Now you need 8,475+451 bytes for data and runb needs 4K for data so this is
another 16K block for a total of 56K.