[Coco] new problem with unpack

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 18:22:21 EDT 2013

I didn't realize you were talking about RunB. I'm not sure that is the way
to go. I believe that RunB uses the data requirements of the first called
module to send a request for memory.

If the procedure and it's data space use less than 8K, 8K is assigned as
the minimum block size. At least, that's the way I understand it. So, when
unpack runs readCode, it is filling up the rest of that 8K and RunB is
having to allocate another 8K block to handle the procedure size
difference, and to deal with it's data space requirements.

I think RunB is not calculating the proper amount of memory to request, or
I may actually be using up the available space with my procedure's data
space requirements and it can't allocate another 8K.

This is based on the fact that I am working in a 64K workspace that
includes a copy of whatever part of the system is required, plus RunB and
whatever is merged with it, which normally uses up about 24K, leaving me
around 40K for my applications and their data requirements. The numbers I
gave for procedure and data sizes was to show how much I am using in my
application. I do not think I am exceeding 40K, but I have no way to know
how much of the 64K is in use before my application starts.

Wayne