[Coco] new problem with unpack

Greg Law glaw at live.com
Mon Oct 28 18:09:07 EDT 2013

Have you tried merging all the modules used by unpack/decode into one file
(e.g. merge unpack decode ... runb > myunpack) and then running this merged
file with additional memory (e.g. unpack #12k or unpack #24k)?

I seem to recall that linking modules separately into process space on OS-9
Level 2 uses n*8K MMU blocks for each module, and the dead space between
modules isn't (or can't be) used. This can result in some pretty big holes
in memory allocation, so the recommended solution is merge all the modules
into one file so that the modules are loaded contiguously with no gaps
between modules.