[Coco] Another Coco Virtual Disk Util

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 22:46:21 EDT 2013

Wayne,
I think you're confusing Segment Allocation Size with Cluster Size. They are
totally different.

Cluster size is determined at format time (on the Format command line in
NitrOS9), and is the number of sectors which are "clustered" together as a
single addressable unit. On hard disks, this can be set to any number (must
be power of 2).

Segment allocation size is the number of sectors (or clusters) allocated at
one time when creating or extending a FILE on the disk. Remember, a
directory is just another file to OS-9.

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia