[Coco] Another Coco Virtual Disk Util

Walt Zydhek walt at wzydhek.com
Tue Oct 22 21:14:04 EDT 2013

Question.. the 2 files you just sent me. The NEW version (RiBBS Archive.vhd,
not plural), was it created and copied to BEFORE I fixed the sector
allocation in directory creation? Because it looks like it. I see
directories with their initial segment having a single sector.  And
comparing it to the source version, I can see where the freespace went in
the source. It is using a default segment allocation of $20 (when
directories are created, it allocates 32 sectors automatically instead of
the norm of 8). Please check your SAS value for your drive in DMODE and see
if it says $08 or $20. Regardless, if the Destination version was created
and copied to AFTER my fix to directory sector allocation, then there is
another bug there somewhere, as it should be creating initial segments for
directories at the default PD.SAS value of 8 sectors.

-Walt Zydhek