[Coco] Another Coco Virtual Disk Util

Walt Zydhek walt at wzydhek.com
Sat Oct 19 15:29:22 EDT 2013

Modified Drag and Drop behavior so that dropped files will not be duplicated
if dropped on same disk. You can now drag the root directory to copy the
entire disk contents without creating a subdirectory the name of the source
disk if the destination is another virtual disk. Improved RSDOS format
detection. Also added an Import File progress dialog. Now supporting 0
length files in OS9 Formats. Added logic to determine if there is enough
space on the destination for a dropped file.

It would be difficult at best to drag multiple directories at once. The
TreeView only allows a single node to be selected. If multiple Nodes were
selected it would cause problems for the ListView.
I may keep this in mind for the future though.

One thing I have noticed though, for dragging files from a source that has a
LOT of content, the cursor doesn't change immediately indicating a drag
operation is in progress. This is because of the logic I used to make drag
drop work for both Windows and Virtual Disks. In this case, when a drag
operation is initiated, all recursively selected files are read and buffered
in preparation for dropping. This buffering process can take a bit on disks
with a LOT of content. The only way around this is to only buffer the
selected files or nodes, and then do the recursion in the drop handler. That
in itself could be problematic. I would rather wait on that until I can find
someone more experienced with C# coding to assist me.

-Walt Zydhek