[Coco] Another Coco Virtual Disk Util

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 11:53:57 EDT 2013

I downloaded the latest version this morning. I have not tried the instance
setup yet. The format error is now gone, but a different error occurred
which I have not been able to reproduce. It occurred when I was copying a
large directory with multiple subdirectories. It did not copy them, and I
ended up making the parent dir and copying the subdirs one at a time. I
don't know how difficult it would be, but can you make it so when copying
larger dirs it gives you some impression that it's working? I sat here for
a minute with no change to the screen before I started checking to see what
was happening. I closed the image and reopened it before I was sure the dir
didn't copy.

I also noticed if you drop a dir after you started to drag it, and you drop
it in the same image, EmuDisk will just create a new copy of the whole dir.
I think a confirmation dialog would be handy to avoid having to delete dirs
created unintentionally..

A new thing showed up after I formatted an image with EmuDisk. When I went
to open it again after closing it, I was for the first time asked which OS
I wanted to open it under because it was formatted both. I never selected
RSDOS in the format, and there was no BOTH option, so I don't know what is
happening there. It made me think it might be better to give someone the
option of setting up partitions for OS9 and RSDOS so that this won't happen
unless the user specifically requests it through a dialog.

The most difficult suggestion/request in this post, can you make it so I
can select multiple dirs to drag? I can only copy one at a time, and it
would be faster to be able to select the dirs I want to copy and copy them
all at once.

Thanks for all the work you are doing on this, Walt. EmuDisk is proving to
be the file-copy program I need for copying between vhd images.

Wayne

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Walt Zydhek <walt at wzydhek.com> wrote:

> EmuDisk now sports a Single Instance interface, AND supports command line
> arguments. SO... You can map your Virtual Disk Images to open with EmuDisk,
> and open them directly from windows. Multiple images will all open in a
> single instance of EmuDisk :)

The Structure of I-Code
http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/The_Structure_of_I-Code

decode