[Coco] shell+ command prompt

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Oct 18 21:28:02 EDT 2013

Wayne Campbell wrote:
> I have looked all over the net. I even found a shell+2.2a lzh archive from
> 1993. Where are the docs that tell you how to do things like change the
> command prompt?
>
> Wayne

After doing some searching, I found that all of the shellplus documentation is
in the NitrOS-9 project. Look in the docs directory for the shellplus directory.

If you did not download all the NitrOS-9 source code, look here
http://sourceforge.net/p/nitros9/code/ci/default/tree/docs/shellplus/

As for making prompt changes, p=prompt where prompt is some message including:
# - show proc id
@ - show current std out
$ - show working dir
( - show date
) - show time

Changes will not be permanent as the prompt is stored in shell. There is however
space for 24 characters at the beginning of shellplus to store a custom prompt.
These changes could be made with ded starting at $3D.

Robert