[Coco] CoCo Hard Drive History

tonym tonym at compusource.net
Sun Oct 13 02:28:05 EDT 2013

Looked them up, and the datasheets.

The WD1002-05 and WD1002-HDO are NOT the same as the WD1002-SHD. the -SHD is SASI,
and the -05 and -HDO are some host bus. even the block diagrams are different, and the -SHD
datasheet mentions SASI and the commands supported.

Looks like the Eliminator supporter the same WD1002-HDO as the Kaypro 10...

SO my other question remains...

Do the Disto 4-n-1 and HD II support a SCSI HDD attached directly, as opposed to going MFM?