[Coco] Looking for a ROM bin

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 10:18:13 EDT 2013

On 10/10/2013 1:37 PM, Mike Craig wrote:
> Thanks everyone for the response. I would be great if someone can find that
> modified RS-232 ROM. Please let me know if you find it and can hook me up
> with a copy. I can paypal a few bucks for your trouble. :)

I'm in the middle of a divorce; moved out months ago and only took a few
CoCo items with me. As soon as I get a chance, I'll try to pull a bin
file from the ROM in one of the three Deluxe RS-232 devices I have.

> I'm using the eb301 bluetooth module. I found some on ebay about 6 months
> ago. Looks like this guy still has more:
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/271159209324?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

The problem with the EB-301 is they appear to no longer be made. I
snagged a few BT modules from a Chinese supplier that seem to work very
well - I used one in a third board I bought from Roger to make my own
wireless pack. They were very inexpensive as long as you buy enough to
make the FedEx shipping worth it to you. I was trying to use one to make
a bit-banger bluetooth connection for either DriveWire or CoCoNet - the
PC will connect to the CoCo thru bluetooth, but, neither DriveWire nor
CoCoNet see any useful data. No time to mess with it since I moved from
the house.

> What I find odd is that some of what I've read on colorcomputer.net seems to
> insinuate that the CoCoNet ROM can be added to the Wireless Paks. I have
> tried to use CoCoNet 1.26 & 1.27, but with each I have no way to access the
> RS-232 functions as shown in the manual. Has anyone tried using the CoCoNet
> ROMs with any success in the Wireless Bluetooth Paks?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

A CoCoNet ROM MUST be in the Wireless pack for it to talk to the PC when
a CoCoNet enabled device is in the CoCo.
As for accessing the RS-232 pak functions; I know it's in the manual;
I've talked to Roger about it numerous times - but I've never been able
to access the rs-232 settings in any of the devices I got from him.