[Coco] Nitros9 boot fails with HDB DOS in rompak

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Oct 11 09:52:45 EDT 2013

Charlie Pelosi wrote:
><snip>
> Just to be sure. From reading Ken's post yesterday, If I turn the cart over so
> that I am looking at the solder side and the card edge is closest to me, CART is
> the 4th in from the left? Q is the one directly underneath it on the chip side?
> <snip>

Not so. That is true only on a card with the full 40 trace lines. Most game ROM
PAKs don't have all the connectors.

If you look closely at a well used ROM PAK, you can see the scratch marks from
the CART port connectors. Include the scratch marks in your count, and you will
find the correct connections.

Robert