[Coco] ccIRC

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 14:41:09 EDT 2013

I have put a link on the unpack-decode page on cococoding.com/wayne for the
ccIRC page. The .os9 image link is on that page.

I found that freenode has not changed their connection routines, so the
connection problem is related to either VCC or DriveWire. I am leaning
towards VCC for the following reasons:

1. When I first began development back in 2010, ccIRC would connect to
freenode, give me the motd, allow me to join a channel and chat (I always
joined #coco_chat), and quit the server.

2. It now connects, then sends garbage until vcc crashes.

3. I am leaning towards VCC being the culprit because a log window opens
that shows the same message repeated many times, with no spaces or
linefeeds between the entries. The log window, according to Windows, is a
VCC window. The message says: Hitting DIVQ_X

I am thinking that this may be the reason I am having connection
difficulties.

Does anyone have a clue? Need more info? Please ask me.

Wayne