[Coco] too wordy?

iggybeans at comcast.net iggybeans at comcast.net
Mon Oct 7 21:39:50 EDT 2013

I guess my last messages were deemed for whatever reason to be unsuitable for our forum.
But I assure you, it detailed a realistic and ongoing project.
And my former employer Ed Gressick would have gotten a kick out of it (God rest his soul).
But then, one of Ed's last project (that he never got to finish) was a new 6809 card for the PT68K that incorporated a GIME.

I'm not sure I understand why the majority of you are so focused on emulators.
I still prefer real hardware. Using a more modern system to emulate a much less powerful older system only seems like a downgrade to me.

But then, what do I know?
I've used 6809 based computers since the processor was introduced, and I used to work for a fanatic who thought he could keep forging ahead with OS-9.

So I'll proceed with my little project, now slightly downgraded to use Ym2149F mono sound chip because its easier to use (along with a few other mods)..

And when I want to use a micro kernel OS, I'll fire up a PPC Mac and run MorphOS (where I can still play around with 68K assemblers).

Good luck to you guys using VCC and Mess, even if I don't understand the point of it.

Jim Igou
Former retail Manager of Delmar Co.