[Coco] OS-9 80-column driver is ready

Retro Canada retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 18:25:04 EDT 2013

you obviously didn't see my other video running on a coco3 with dual display. you can use the 80 col output as a independent screen on L2. why? because it is fun. Think that if you write a debugger for your next game you can have it running GIME graphics screen one side and the text debugger on the other without messing with it or a tracer, logger you name it.

The crt has a semigraphics mode similar to the non-color trs-80 :)

The msx2+ uses the vdp9958 the same  one Kip is fiddling with and it has 80 columns and true bitmap modes, superimpose, smooth scroll, sprites etc.

there is another vdp in the succession throne the v9990 but this one is not backward compatible with the previous msx vdps.