[Coco] OS-9 80-column driver is ready

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 16:38:49 EDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 3:20 AM, Retro Canada wrote:
> hi i actually found that my chip is labeled as crt9128-000. So the P stands for plastic.

That's a good sign. I also got some hits on crt9128-000 and SMC.

> i found several old stock suppliers from china. waiting a sample to arrive.

Cool. It's the only way to find out, I guess. But unless the chip is
labelled SMC, maybe you should try to verify the in/out pins before
you connect it to your Tandy, or use a buffer in between like for
instance Mark's CoCoBus. If an expected input turns out to be an
output it might cause damage.

Are you prototyping it on a breadboard or stripboard? If no one else
does, I might look into making a PCB design. But I'll let you do the
smoke testing first :)

Regards,
Tormod